What is a Psychoeducational Assessment?
- assessment of intellectual, academic, behavioural and/or adaptive skills
- identifies strengths and areas of need
- can identify:
- learning disabilities
- intellectual deficits
- can screen for:
- speech and language difficulties
- mood disorders
- developmental disorders, etc.
How do I know if an assessment is needed?
- experiences academic, behavioural, and/or social-emotional difficulties
- struggles with planning, organization, memory, task completion
- may be necessary to access funding (e.g. academic accommodations, assistive technology)
What information does an assessment provide?
- pinpoints strengths, areas of need and provides practical recommendations for managing intellectual, learning, behavioural, and/or social-emotional differences
LDAS conducts assessments for both children and adults.
Saskatoon Branch: Dale Rempel, 306- 652-4116
Regina Branch: Shelley Mitchell, Director, 306-790-8452
Prince Albert Branch: Prema Arsiradam, Director, 306-922-1071